Monday, November 1, 2010

How I Met My Husband

I was very entertained by this short story. It kept me interested and found it to be very cute (probably because I am a teenage girl). Anyways, I believe it is my favorite because of the themes it carries in the closing pages. The themes presented are when one door closes, another opens, everything happens for a reason and what it meant to be will always find a way. Even though these are trite sayings, I find truth in them especially in this story. If Edie wasn't so obsessed over receiving the letter from Chris, she would have never met the mailman. This shows how in the end, no matter what obstacles are placed in ones way, everything is placed in one's life for a reason. Alice had to experience people like Alice Kelling calling her a "filthy little rag," but in the end it all happened for a reason. What was meant to be, happened in the end. It took all of the time, pain, and events for Edie to find her true husband and finally be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment