Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hunters in the Snow

I found this story to be actually very interesting. I want to focus on the character Tub. First of all, I found it very humorous to foreshadow the appearance of Tub with his name. I feel that Tub is definitely the most sensitive of the group. He is self conscious of his weight and in complete denial of his gluttony. He is terrified by the fact that Kenny shot a poor innocent dog. He is the most emotional character of the story. I believe he represents the feelings and emotions of humans in general. He shows his caring side when it comes to the dog, but also shows how emotions can take over humans. This occurs when he shoots Kenny! It is important that Wolff shows how both types of emotions can occur in people.

No comments:

Post a Comment