Friday, August 13, 2010

Seriously Brett?

"I'm a goner. I'm mad about the Romero boy. I'm in love with him. I think." - Brett (pg. 187)

Here we go again. I just don't think Brett is ever satisfied with any man she is with. Now she is turning to a 19 year old boy. Seriously? I just don't think she could be "in love" with so many guys in her lifetime. I wonder if Brett would've been like this if he first love in war didn't die of dysentery. Who knows?

Anyways, I think that in this book Brett could be described as a static character. Her personality and morals definitely do not change as one moves through the book. She is such a lost woman. Also on page 187 she says to Jake, "I've got to do something. I've got to do something I really want to do. I've lost my self-respect." This made me realize that her situation is actually very sad. One could say she is almost addicted and once she sees something she wants, she has to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment